Heavy, bulky items can be awkward to pack up and difficult to move. They also can be seen as big perks to potential buyers. If you’re willing to part with the items below, have your agent pitch them as unique features of your house.
1. Basketball hoop –This can be great for families with young children. A game of basketball is the perfect icebreaker between neighborhood kids.
2. Trampoline –Another family-friendly item. That is, as long it’s not rusted or in otherwise poor condition.
3. Washer/Dryer –One less thing for buyers transitioning from apartment life to worry about.
4. Garage storage –Once you really dive into packing, you’ll be glad you don’t have to disassemble your shelving and storage racks, let alone find a box they fit in.
5. Light fixtures –Know your audience on this one. People can either think Tiffany lamps add character to a room or subtract from it.
6. Child proofing –The chances all those tiny socket plugs and safety latches make it to your new home are slim anyway.
7. Backyard shed –Gardeners and lawn care enthusiasts will rejoice.
Be prepared that a potential buyer may say “No.” Make sure you only leave behind items the buyer is interested in!
Does throwing in your washer and dryer merit a higher asking price? What about your garage shelves? Work with an experienced RE/MAX agent to reach a price that is fair for both parties.
Author:Beverly Ramos - Fleming Island office Phone: 904-449-6227 Dated: December 1st 2015 Views: 244 About Beverly: My Client-First Philosophy
There are many qualities and skills that go into being an excellent real...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Sparking Smiles Plus Dedication Equals RE/MAX Sterling
RE/MAX Sterling was founded by Lazaro & Jami Marganon and is locally owned and operated by them. RE/MAX Sterling is comprised of two offices serving all of Northeast Florida.
Our customers experience the concierge services provided by our courteous, experienced, and full time agents. Real Estate is their #1 priority and focus.
Your real estate needs are of upmost importance at RE/MAX Sterling. We believe strongly on our promise, to you, of reliability, honesty, trust, and skill.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
Reliability ~ You Can Count On US
Honesty ~ No False Promises
Trust ~ Confidence for Us to Represent You
Skill ~ Market Knowledge and Education
The RE/MAX network has over 90,000 agents in over 95 countries. Nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX. RE/MAX associates average more sales than any other real estate agents.
Let a RE/MAX Sterling agent guide you on your next real estate transaction and experience our concierge services.
If you are looking for that perfect waterfront property here in Flor
"Thank you to The RE/MAX Sterling (Powerhouse) Team, Jami and Lazaro, for not only being top notch, professional agents, but for having a genuine interest in looking out for me during the entire home purchase experience. From start to finish, the process was so quick and seamless, I still can't believe I have my house! While other agents were more interested in financials, (even though I was already preapproved) and wouldn't show me ANY listings, (even though these were within my range), this team stepped up to the challenge and demonstrated that they were more interested in assisting me get into my new home. I stumbled upon this team, gratefully, and I cannot say enough. From the moment of first contact all the way through closing, they were always accessible and always returned calls the same day. They never steared me wrong and guided me throughout it all. The proof is in the pudding, I have my key! Buying a home doesn't have to be stressful, The RE/MAX Sterling (Powerhouse) Team has proved that! This is MY team for any and all future real estate transactions. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything."